Choice in treatment interventions
Based on your individual needs and Psychologist specialist training. Speak with your psychologist if you are interested in a particular approach
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Schema Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
Choices Mind & Body is not a crisis support service
- Crisis Support Click for a list of support services to contact in a crisis or an emergency. We will do our best to return calls as soon as possible during our normal hours. Reception are unable to provide crisis support.
Your psychologist may assist you to develop a crisis support plan if your need extra help or support between sessions, when they are on leave, or in an emergency. Ask your psychologist if you feel you need addition crisis support plans in place.
Non-appropriate Referral types
Choices Mind & Body generally refer clients presenting with the below issues to more specialist services and can assist with referral options.
- Family, Couple or Sex therapy as predominant focus
- Group Treatment Programs
- Anorexia Nervosa (We do accept referrals for bulimia, binge eating, and weight management)
- Youth and Children younger than 16yo
- Parenting Skills Training (we do accept referrals for adjustment difficulties to parenting roles)
- Antenatal and Post Natal Depression
- Neuropsychological and Academic Assessments
- Court Reports
- Forensic Clients with high risk of harm to others
- Clients with acute psychosis who are best supported by crisis and community mental health services, or private hospitals